Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Read Christie 2021

You can't go wrong with Agatha Christie! I'm taking a very relaxed approach to her books this year, as I have read through her entire canon (save the Westmacotts and her plays) but I have dipped into the #ReadChristie2021 challenge that Agatha Christie Limited hosts. 


"I am not one to rely upon the expert procedure. It is the psychology I seek, not the fingerprint or the cigarette ash." — Agatha Christie, Murder on the Orient Express 🚂 Revisiting Murder on the Orient Express this month [March] for #ReadChristie2021. No, it's not the main pick for the month (Lord Edgware Dies) nor their suggested substitutions. But Murder on the Orient Express has society people in spades, and I wanted to revisit the first Agatha Christie I ever read. 🚂 ⁠And for fun, a second quote because it made me giggle: "I like to see an angry Englishman," said Poirot. "They are very amusing. The more emotional they feel the less command they have of language."


“What an awful place to live in England is... If it isn't snowing or raining or blowing it's misty. And if the sun does shine it's so cold that you can't feel your fingers or toes.” ― Agatha Christie, The Sittaford Mystery⁠ ❄️❄️❄️ For whatever reason, April had itching to re-read this wintery snowed-in, locked room mystery. And ✔️, it hits the mark for this month's #ReadChristie2021 prompt, a story set before WWII. Plus, I got re-acquainted with this gem of a quote: “The Captain's habit of letting off a revolver at real or imaginary cats was a sore trial to his neighbors.” What a neighbor that would be! 😂⁠

No comments:

Post a Comment